1. It gives you a chance to be informal. Social media is all about making faceless companies not-so-faceless. You may never have guessed, but there are actual human beings behind them!
2. It incentives frequent updating. We may not have a new release to announce every week, but thanks to the blog we never go more than a few days without posting anything. It makes sure we’re always keeping up with our website.
3. …and the more frequently we’re updating our website, the more often people will want to visit it.
4. You can write for a particular audience. The main pages on a business’s website should be for everybody, but with blog posts you can target a particular demographic.
5. Twitter is great, but microblogging is no replacement for actual blogging. When you’re confined to only 140 characters things will get cut o... (see what we did there)
6. Comments are a great way of receiving visitor feedback.
7. You can link to new updates your blog from all your social media accounts – increasing traffic to your website without repeating content.
8. Blog analytics will help you more accurately determining your target demographic, and help you better develop your overall marketing strategy.
9. Three letters: S.E.O. Frequent blogging will make you more discoverable on search engines, and we could all use some extra attention from Google.
10. Who knows – after you’ve grown accustomed to blogging you might even have fun doing it.
Want to get your film onto Netflix? Interested in why you should be blogging? Navigate to your desired topic with our tags below.