- “Some of the most luscious Burning Man images I’ve ever seen.”
- Seattle Weekly
- “Provides a fascinating look into the inner circle of the event’s organizers.
- A worthy exploration of a unique phenomenon.”
- The Oregonian
- “Compelling! Fascinating artistic imagery.”
- The Arizona Republic
- "I was completely inspired by the movie, with a deep longing to be as creative as the people who create art for Burning Man."
- The Huffington Post
- "Gorgeous. A virtual carnival of images that reflect the spectacle that is Burning Man."
- Boise Weekly
Each year, 60,000 people from around the globe gather in a dusty, windswept Nevada desert to build a temporary city and celebrate Burning Man, a week-long art collaboration, music festival and party that culminates in burning a giant effigy in a ritual frenzy.
Rooted in principles of self-expression, self-reliance and community effort, the Burning Man festival has grown famous for stirring ordinary people to shed their nine-to-five existence and act on their dreams.
SPARK: A BURNING MAN STORY takes us behind the curtain with Burning Man organizers and participants, revealing a year of unprecedented challenges and growth. When ideals of a new world based on freedom and inclusion collide with realities of the “default world,” we wonder which dreams can survive.